Become a Member to enjoy ticket discounts, presale access, Member-Only events & more!
This event is sold out. you can still purchase tickets to the tepusquet tornados and the Saturday grand pour.
Below you will find a list of Friday's events. To view a list of Saturday events, click here.
**A Friday Wine Dinner ticket includes a ticket to the Tepusquet Tornados Friday night performance and the Saturday Grand Tasting.
Four chefs and four sommeliers will work together to plan and prepare a five-course dinner for 152 people in the Griffin Music Hall with each course being paired with a different wine. Tickets are $175 per person and includes entry to the Saturday Grand Tasting. Doors will open at 6PM with seating
The chefs and sommeliers include:
- Chef Chris D’Andrea - Former sous chef of 3 Michelin star Saison in San Francisco and currently executive sous chef of Eight Tables Restaurant in San Francisco.
- Chef Austin Johnson – Chef de cuisine at Frenchie Restaurant in Paris, France. A Nebraska native, Chef Johnson has worked at many of the top restaurants throughout America including Elevan Madison Park (NY), The NoMad Restaurant (NY), and The Krebs 1899 (NY). He is currently the executive chef at Restaurant Frenchie in Paris, France.
- Chef John Peters lll - Executive Chef of the Murphy Arts District and Griffin Restaurant, El Dorado, AR. Previously sauté cook at Commander’s Palace in New Orleans the year it won the James Beard award for “Best Restaurant in the United States.” He is a Louisiana native trained in New Orleans.
- Chef Steven Satterfield - Steven Satterfield is the executive chef and co-owner of Miller Union, an award-winning, seasonally-driven restaurant located in Atlanta’s Westside neighborhood. Since opening in 2009, the restaurant has received various honors on many national lists including Eater, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine and Esquire. In 2015, Satterfield released his first cookbook, Root to Leaf, to broad critical acclaim. In 2017, after four previous nominations, Satterfield was named “Best Chef: Southeast” by the James Beard Foundation. Satterfield’s dedication to seasonal cooking and his unwavering support for local farmers is the driving philosophy behind his restaurant and everything he does.
- Sommelier Dustin Wilson – Dustin Wilson is a Master Sommelier based in New York City and co-founder of Verve Wine, an online marketplace for sommelier-curated wines with stores in both NYC and San Francisco. His career spans some of the top restaurants across the US – Frasca Food & Wine in Boulder, CO; The Little Nell, in Aspen; and RN74 in San Francisco. Dustin is best known for his position as Wine Director of the 3 Michelin-starred restaurant Eleven Madison Park. This expertise led him to have a leading role in the critically acclaimed wine documentary, SOMM, and he was later featured in the film’s sequel, SOMM: Into the Bottle.
- Sommelier Robert Bohr – Partner & Sommelier of The Delicious Hospitality Group of New York City, including the Charlie Byrd, Legacy Records, and Pasquale Jones restaurants.
- Sommelier Thomas Pastuszak - Wine Director of The NoMad restaurant in New York City. He is also completing Master Sommelier certification.
- Sommelier Eric Railsback – Eric is a former Wine Director for the Mina Group in San Francisco and involved in various wine projects, Railsback Freres, and assists Presqu’ile Winery with wholesale distribution. Eric also appeared in the movie SOMM.
The evening includes a performance in the Griffin Music Hall by The Tepusquet Tornados (sometimes known as The South African Death Chickens) from Santa Maria Valley, California. The band consists of wine industry professionals and friends who came together over their love of performing. Band members include Presqu’ile Winery winemaker Dieter Cronje who hails from Cape Town. Cronje is a drummer, and began collaborating with Chris Hammell, Vineyard Manager for the iconic Bien Nacido Vineyards. Hammell’s father, Steve Kautz, plays bass, Cameron Porter, Presqu’ile Winery Estates Manager and Advanced Sommelier joins Melissa Tuttle, a Cal-Poly viticulture and enology grad who interned at Bien Nacido on vocals. The band is completed with El Dorado’s own Madison ‘Maddog’ Murphy on guitar. Special guests are likely. Not attending the Friday Wine Dinner but still want to see the Tepusquet Tornados? Click here!
About the Venue
The Griffin Music Hall will host multiple monthly concerts and has flexible seating that allows for a diverse mix of concerts and entertainment in El Dorado, Arkansas. With room for more than 2,000 seats, the Griffin Music Hall will be a venue hot spot for weddings, conventions, banquets, concerts and more, in Southern Arkansas. The Griffin Music Hall is a tobacco free facility. Learn More